Frequently asked questions
Why do you need an architect?
- Every client will have a personalized opinion of how a home should be. That includes the experiences that you want in your home. It depends on the kind of activities, hobbies, or routines you have each day. So design of a house is very personal.
An architect is trained to guide you through a creative process helping you explore the possibilities of helping you personalize your home.
You will not know what you missed, if you are not aware of the possibilities that are possible.
Therefore following a systematic procedure for creating each space is very essential.
An architect can help you guide you to the best solution.
The solution will incorporate your budget, the beauty and the trends, the uniqueness, and the functional requirements that is very personal to you.
What are the stages of a design process?
- First stage will be a site visit, where in the architect is accompanied by the client/his representative to give an understanding of the locality, the challenges, and an initial set of requirements of the project.
- Second stage is where the architect and the client meets for a detailed briefing of the design requirements, interact to know the habits, preferences, and lifestyle of the client to suggest the best set of requirements. It is highly recommended to include your family members in this stage of discussions so as to bring the desires of each member to the discussion. This stage hepls in creating a Design Brief. A drawing of the site surveyed has to be procured before this stage.
- The further stages are unique to every project. But essentially includes a series of design options, considering the parameters in the priority.
What are the different stages of the construction process?
- Site Development
- Site clearing, levelling, boundary walls
- Design Development
- Architecture Design, Structural Design,
- Permission Drawings and Sanctioning
- For submitting the building plans, a fees has to be paid.
- After the plans of the building is sanctioned, building tax, Labour Cess, etc has to be paid.
- According to the site and the structure design, type of foundations will differ. The condition of the site, if marshy, or clayey will also influence the type of foundation.
- Walls, slabs, stairs, flooring, plastering
- Electrical, plumbing, automation, sewage pipelines, septic tanks
- Electrical metering
- Exterior Painting
- Interior Painting
- Interior Finishing
- Switches: Automation switches, regular switches
How can we reduce the total cost of building?
- Your requirements define the cost of the building. Good planning can help us optimize the design through appropriate use of materials and techniques.
- When you have a long list of requirements and an area restriction, say 3000 sqft (Luxury Tax Limit), then there will be compromises in the size of the rooms, or inclusion of multi purpose rooms.
- Communicating your budget with the architect helps him take it into consideration during the design and planning stage itself.
What is Luxury Tax?
- Any residential building with an area beyond 3000 sqft will attract yearly fees as per following slabs:
- above 10,000 sq ft :₹10,000
- 7,501 to 10,000 sq ft : ₹8,000
- 5,001 to 7,500 sq ft : ₹6,000
- 3,000 to 5,000 sq ft : ₹4,000-₹10,000
How much would be the architects fee?
Every project is unique. Even when the requirements are similar, design process of each project goes through various stages of decision making. These are important to conclude at a design that is best suitable for the client. Site conditions and the locality plays a major role in this decision making.